Friday 19 April 2013

Ubizane’s new Social Media Administrator!


Meet Ettioné Ferreira, the 23 year old photojournalist ready to spice things up with Ubizane’s online presence!  We sat down with her to get a deeper insight into her world.

Where are you originally from?
I come from Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape originally but moved to Pietermaritzburg in January with family.  So I’m still a newbie in Kwazulu-Natal.

What inspired you to join the Ubizane family?
I have always loved the wildlife and growing up in a town surrounded by game lodges such as Kariega Game Reserve, Shamwari, Pumba, etc. it was hard not to fall in love with nature.  When I saw the job opening and saw how beautiful it was at Ubizane, I couldn’t resist taking it up.  Best decision of my life!

What do you enjoy most about your job?
I get to take photos of this beautiful reserve and people enjoying nature.  It’s also really interesting and most of it is creative work which is awesome!  I also love working with New Media and its challenges after studying it for so long.

Do you enjoy living in the bush?
It’s a very new territory for me, especially the snakes and strange insects that make appearances but I’m enjoying it much more than I expected. Don’t know how I will ever learn to cope with living in a city again!

On those busy days with a thousand things to get done…what gets you through the day?
My iPod, coffee (and I mean the good stuff like Filter coffee or Nescafe), my Ubizane family and taking 5 minutes to snap some photos

Which animals have you enjoyed most so far?
The babies…baby giraffe, baby Zebra, baby monkeys, baby Nyala…they’re just too cute for words!

Tell us a bit more about yourself?
I studied journalism & media studies at Rhodes University graduating with a four year B.Journ degree and a year doing a Post Graduate Diploma in Media Management and yet the five years of studying  still couldn’t prepare me for living in the bush haha.  I do archery…but refuse to do bowhunting or any other hunting. I love animals and cry when they’re hurt – which is a little embarrassing. 
If you’d like to get to know me better just follow our Facebook page and keep reading the blog!

1 comment:

  1. Ettoine - Baie geluk jong! Dit is vir my net so lekker om hier in die bos te bly, ons het n paar great wildsplase om ons en ek kan net dink dat dit verskriklik lekker is om so tussen die diere te werk. Mag jy dit vreeslik geniet. Talita

    ReplyDelete