Thursday 12 April 2012

Lance our new chef


We are so excited to have him here; he is a young, talented and enthusiastic chef. We are sure he will make us proud.

Getting to know Lance – a little fun questionnaire I made up for him.

Where are you from?
Durban North

Who inspires you?
My grandmother – she has looked after me my whole life and has never stopped working or teaching me.

What made you decide to become a chef?
I love food; it’s the one thing that brings people together.

Do you like living in the bush?
Yes, it allows you to find inspiration in nature and just be quiet with yourself.

What is your favourite dish to cook and why?
Bread, it is my most favourite thing to cook in the entire world; there is no better smell than freshly baked bread.

What is your favourite desert?
My grandmother’s banana bread.

What creepy crawly animal scares you the most?
Cockroaches

What animal would you be and why?
An Elephant because they are so chilled with life.

What’s your biggest fear?
Dying alone.

If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
Follow Ferran Adria around and just watch him be creative.

What is your biggest kitchen rule?
Season and taste everything.

If you only have a frying pan and a big knife and a lion attacks you, which would you use to protect yourself?
I would use the pan to protect myself and the knife to skin and portion the lion afterwards.

Tell me a little bit about your story.
I grew up and went to school in Durban, studied to be a chef. Travelled a bit of the world and now I’m back home and working here.




No comments:

Post a Comment