Wednesday 29 August 2012

Jade the new Reservationist:

Our reservations department is eager to Welcome Jade Foxcroft to the Ubizane Team! We sat down with her and got to know her a little better: 

Where are you from?

I grew up  in an area in the South of Johannesburg called  the Hill, most of my childhood and the beginning of my adulthood was spent there.

Who inspires you? 

It might sound cliché, but it would be my mother. Through all the hardships that she has had to face she has inspired me to know that no matter what i do or no matter where I go, I can do anything I put my mind to and succeed.

What made you become a reservationist

A friend of mine in Durban told me about the opportunity. When he told me that i would be based at a lodge in the middle of the bush, some thought I was crazy but I have always been a lover of nature and the outdoors as well as  being a person that loves my own company, i just knew it was for me. 

What do you love about the job? 

Having the opportunity to give the world a place to go; to feel what it feels like to live amongst nature and all its splendour, is really wonderful. Also to deal with people on a daily basis is something that I have always enjoyed.To see the guests faces when I show them around this beautiful lodge is always so rewarding. But what I love the most about the job is being surrounded by nature all day.  

Do you enjoy living in the bush? 

What is there not to enjoy about living in the bush, the animals, the trees, the fresh air... 

What animal/Insect scares you the most? 

Don't laugh... but I'm scared of frogs... and all types of spiders; and yes I have moved to the bush where there are millions!

What animal would you be and why?

I have always admired The Eagle and how they seem to have the freedom to go anywhere; how they have not a care in the world as they glide through the air. They are such fearless birds, though the fish eagle is one of the smallest and most recognised; he is my favourite… I fell in love with him the first time I heard his cry the one morning I woke up and he was gliding through the air and going for a catch in the river that was just outside my flat, it is truly an amazing sound and sighting.

What office stationary would you use to fight off a monkey and why?


Don’t tell the boss…
But I have always been a fan of stapler shooting, so I would probably shoot staples at the little buggers.

Tell us a bit more about yourself?

I am a very simple person; I have never been one for extravagant living even though I’m originally a city girl. I have a love for reading books; but my greatest love is a little Netherland dwarf bunny that goes by the name of Fuzzy Pepper who has joined me on this amazing new chapter in my life.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment